Studio Policies and Etiquette
If you haven't been here before, we located at 5527 Cogswell Street, upstairs from the LIVE 105 radio station, just across from the Centennial Pool. If you arrive before 5pm you may will need to buzz the doorbell to be let in.Payment and Refunds
Classes must be paid for in full before the first class. If you are not able to pay for the full session up front, you may pay the drop-in rate as you go, and at the end of the session we can pro-rate the full cost for you. Unlimited Passes may be paid for in two instalments if requested. We accept cash, credit card, debit, PayPal or email money transfer. There are no refunds on classes & workshops, however we will do everything we reasonably can to make sure you are happy with your purchase; so you may transfer to a different class in the same session (at the discretion of the instructor and depending upon availability of spots). You cannot transfer payment to a future session, except in the case of an emergency medical situation. If there is a medical reason why you cannot continue, please let us know ASAP as we provide credits from the time of notification.
If you miss a class, you may take another class during the same session as a make-up. It is your responsibility to arrange this; make-up classes cannot be extended to a future session. Please talk to the instructor prior to the make-up class to ensure that the class you want to take is appropriate. On our class schedule, drop-in appropriate classes are marked with an asterisk and the levels are noted as well.
If a class has to be cancelled because a snowstorm or other weather event, please check this website, Twitter, Facebook, or call our phone line to find out if classes are running, as we are not always able to contact all students. In the case of of unforeseen class cancellations, we will make all efforts to contact you. It is important that we have your updated phone number and email address for this reason. A class will either be added to the end of your session, or you will receive a free make-up class or credit for one extra class.
Studio Conduct and Tips
- We are located at 5527 Cogswell Street, upstairs from the LIVE 105 radio station, just across from the Centennial Pool. If you arrive before 5pm you may will need to buzz the doorbell to be let in.
- Please try to arrive at least 5 minutes before your class begins. New students please arrive at least 15 mins early for registration and orientation. If you are late for your class, please warm up first before joining in.
- Please remove your outdoor shoes at the door and leave them in the shoe rack or below the coat hooks.
- You are welcome to change in the washroom or in the massage room (unless there is a treatment taking place).
- Water will be provided, we encourage you to bring your own water bottle to cut down on waste!
- Students are welcome to relax in the hallway and drink tea before or after class. This is a great chance to get to know your fellow students! We ask that you do not invite spectators watch the class as students often feel uncomfortable with this.
- Please turn off or silence your cell phones during class.
- If something hurts, stop! Let us know and we can help you figure out what's wrong. Often making the movement smaller or checking your alignment can solve the issue.
- Please do not talk when the teacher is talking. We want you to get the full benefit of our instruction so please do not disrupt the class for yourself or others.
- If a student is struggling with a move we ask that you do not try and teach them yourself. This can result in injury or misinformation. Let us do our job and we will coach the student. Feel free to ask a question or call us over!
- Our Lost and Found box is under the tea/water table by the front door. Please be sure to double check that you have everything before you leave and take all your belongings with you. Water bottles and items of clothing are the most frequently forgotten. We must empty the Lost and Found at the end of every session.
- Come with a positive attitude, patience and kindness to yourself and others. Saying "can't" is forbidden....unless you add a "yet!" on the end of it! : )